A year ago I was waiting at the same airport in Johannesburg heading to Sao Paul, Brazil today I’m going back to the Philippines ( I can’t use the word home because the world is my home)
Why Get Out?
My path tremendously changed because I decided to get out of my comfort zone, this is not the first time for those who know me really well they know that I have been always traveling since I was 15 yrs. old.
But every time you get out of your comfort zone I think you become better, you get to know yourself more and I think that’s the only thing we have to keep on chasing to be better, to do good and be good for our communities, societies and the world.
When I was 15 yrs old my belief system after traveling to the US changed a lot, I gained supporters, a father, and mentors. Now, that I am 25 yrs old I had the chance to get out again and live in Brazil for a year, I gained a community of changemakers, great friends, two beautiful sisters and another great mother.
I learned that going out and being always uncomfortable are the best way to know yourself more. It sucks to say goodbye at the airport for sure but when you look back you have memories and connections that will forever be part of who you are. You can tell great stories to people you will meet in your next adventure.
Getting out, I learned 5 things.
- When you get out, you discover what you are capable of, you think you can’t do it but when you try to step out you will know that you are capable of anything, even dancing Forro or singing Adele’s song.
- When you get out, you appreciate your roots, where you come from, your culture and you tell people about it.
- When you get out, you see colors not just black and white.
- When you get you, you become more responsible financially because you will appreciate every penny or work you do and you become creative too.
- When you get out, you see how beautiful the world is!
So, get out and tick those #travelgoals on your list. I know it ain’t easy but its worth it. And don’t forget when you start ticking boxes on that list look back and appreciate every person in your journey.
Today, I want to say thank you to all the people I’ve met in my Brazilian journey. Muito Obrigada Gente!